Join us for our monthly webinar on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will cover what to consider when sponsoring a wellness program.
The webinar will:
- Describe wellness programs
- Briefly describe the laws and regulations that govern wellness programs
- Discuss how employers should approach different levels of wellness program involvement, such as engaging with the carrier’s wellness program, offering a health risk assessment, and administering payroll deductions
- Discuss best practices for payroll deduction administration, such as applying a discount to an employee’s premium, changing premium amounts, and giving money back to employees based on their wellness program participation
- Discuss the importance of having a bona fide wellness program if an employer implements a tobacco surcharge
- Discuss the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) regulations regarding 30 percent incentive levels for employer-sponsored wellness programs under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Discuss the U.S. District Court case involving the EEOC’s rules, including the court’s decision to vacate portions of the EEOC’s wellness rules under the ADA and GINA as of January 1, 2019
- Provide a recommendation for structuring wellness programs for 2019 in light of the court’s decision
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to administer wellness programs.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Tabatha George is an associate in the New Orleans office of Fisher Phillips. She specializes in employee benefits, including retirement and welfare plans and healthcare reform. She has particular expertise in Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, including defending companies against employer mandate penalties and preparing 1095-C reporting. She also focuses on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and data breaches involving health plan information.
Register for this webinar today while seating is still available. The webinar is 60 minutes and is an exceptional educational value for only $200.
If you are a Bim Group client, and missed the client specific invitation, please reply to this email with the CLIENT NAME in the subject line to have the preferred employer code emailed to you.
This webinar event has been sent for approval by the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors – the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, England and Ireland.