Join us for our monthly webinar on Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
Employer Policies and Testing Employees for Marijuana Use and Opioid Use
This webinar will cover what employers should consider when implementing drug use policies and testing for drug use.
The webinar will:
- Describe the scope of workplace drug use policies and testing
- Describe the laws and regulations that govern workplace drug use policies and testing
- Discuss how policies and testing may differ depending on whether the drug use is legal under state law and whether the use is legal for medicinal purposes only or legal recreationally
- Discuss best practices for drafting policies regarding drug use and testing, including sample language
- Address how testing should be done, including frequency, in-house vs. using a third-party vendor, whether testing should be included as part of a wellness program, and protection of health information obtained by testing
- Discuss how employers should address employees’ positive drug test results, including situations when an employee is prescribed a drug (for example, methadone or suboxone while in recovery) and when the prescription drug use may impair an employee’s ability to safely perform job duties
- Discuss what an employer can require of employees who use drugs on-site
- Describe best practices for drug use policies and testing
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand how to address drug use in the workplace, including drug use policies and testing.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Jennifer Sandberg is a partner in Fisher Phillips’ Atlanta office. Employers, In-House Counsel, and Human Resource professionals view her as a trusted advisor providing solid business advice. She works to understand her clients’ business and desired business outcomes in order to provide creative and cost-effective advice and counsel. She assists clients in accomplishing business objectives in the most efficient manner possible. Her advice is custom-tailored for employers with tens of thousands of employees or those with a mere handful of employees.
A significant portion of her practice is devoted to providing clients with day-to-day preventive advice as employers design, manage, and carry out business initiatives. Clients appreciate her “no nonsense” approach to both daily concerns and developing major issues.
She delivers engaging and highly effective training for senior executives and managers on a diverse array of labor and employment topics. She conducts legal compliance audits of human resource functions, procedures and policies, and provides a triaged approach to audit findings. She prepares employee handbooks and policies for multi-state employers that are succinct and easy for employees to understand.
Jennifer was selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 – Workplace & Employment Counseling in 2015.
Register for this webinar today while seating is still available. The webinar is 60 minutes and is an exceptional educational value for only $200.
If you are a Bim Group client, and missed the client specific invitation, please reply to this email with the CLIENT NAME in the subject line to have the preferred employer code emailed to you.
This webinar event has been sent for approval by the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors – the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, England and Ireland.