Tuesday, January 14, 2020
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will provide an overview of the new final rules on health reimbursement arrangements regarding individual coverage HRAs with an emphasis on the proposed rules regarding nondiscrimination and affordability by:
- Describing what a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) is
- Describing the new individual coverage HRA
- Describing the types of individual coverage that can and cannot be integrated with an HRA
- Illustrating how the integration rules apply to an individual coverage HRA that is integrated with Medicare, emphasizing that Medicare eligible or entitled employees is not a class under the final rules
- Explaining how an employer would structure an individual coverage HRA, including the nondiscrimination rules, classes of employees, minimum class size, opt-out and reimbursement waiver provisions, individual coverage substantiation, and notice requirements
- Describing how Section 105(h) nondiscrimination applies to individual coverage HRAs, including the exceptions for increases in HRA amounts due to age and family size
- Discuss the importance of accurate reporting in light of the IRS’ proposed penalty assessment letters
- Describing how the individual coverage HRA interacts with the employer shared responsibility provisions, including the affordability safe harbors and the new look-back month safe harbor and location safe harbor
- Describing best practices in offering HRAs under the final rules and proposed rules
This intermediate level webinar will help employers understand individual coverage HRAs.
Register today while seating is still available.
NOTE: If you would like to view the webinar but are not able to attend, we encourage you to still register as you normally would. All registrants will receive a replay and copy of the presentation afterwards.
If you are a Bim Group client and missed the client specific invitation, please email email@example.com with the CLIENT NAME in the subject line to have the preferred employer code emailed to you.
Tiffani Greene is a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group and the Prevention and Compliance Team at Fisher Phillips. She brings a unique mix of experience in the complex areas of employee benefits law and corporate compliance. From counseling on the day-to-day operations of employee benefits plans to assisting with regulatory risk mitigation, she has a deep understanding of her clients’ needs and how to create effective solutions.
Tiffani partners with in-house counsel and HR professionals to ensure employee benefit programs are designed and administered to maximize tax benefits and provide exceptional value to participants. She advises on retirement, health, and welfare plan compliance pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), and the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In addition to resolving complex challenges, she assists clients with plan documentation, participant claims, employee leaves, fiduciary inquiries, and annual reporting obligations.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors — the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.