Tuesday, October 8, 2019
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will discuss how employers should prepare for open enrollment by:
- Providing an overview of notices that employers should provide to employees during open enrollment, such as the Medicare creditable coverage disclosure
- Describing the requirements for electronic delivery of participant materials
- Explaining the differences between making a change to the plan as part of open enrollment versus making a change to the plan mid-year
- Describing how applicable large employers would offer coverage when they use the look-back measurement method
- Describing general updates that employers should make to plan documents and handbooks before the start of the plan year
- Briefly describing the types of non-discrimination testing that employers should perform before the start of the plan year
- Describing open enrollment best practices
This intermediate level webinar will help employers plan for open enrollment.
Register today while seating is still available.
NOTE: If you would like to view the webinar but are not able to attend, we encourage you to still register as you normally would. All registrants will receive a replay and copy of the presentation afterwards.
If you are a Bim Group client and missed the client specific invitation, please email email@example.com with the CLIENT NAME in the subject line to have the preferred employer code emailed to you.
Chelsea Deppert is an associate in the Atlanta office of Fisher Phillips. She provides practical guidance to employers on the technical aspects of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of employee benefit plans and programs. She advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits, including retirement plans, health and other welfare benefit plans.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors — the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.