Tuesday, June 9, 2020
2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will help employers by going over best practices for leave policies, handling group health plan benefits for employees that are taking leave, and handling group health plan benefits when employees return from leave.
This webinar will:
- Discuss best practices for leave policies (paid leave, unpaid leave, and FMLA leave) including what changes should be made regarding employees seeking leave due to COVID-19.
- Discuss best practices for implementing telework policies for employees working from home
- Provide an overview of what documentation employers can require from employees when they are seeking leave due to COVID-19.
- Discuss benefit considerations when an employee is going on paid leave or going on unpaid leave (FMLA and non-FMLA), such as whether coverage will continue, whether employer and employee contributions must continue, and whether contributions can be modified when an employee is going on leave.
- Discuss benefit considerations when an employee is returning from paid leave or unpaid leave (FMLA and non-FMLA), such as whether contributions can be modified when an employee returns.
This intermediate-level webinar will help plan sponsors to understand the compliance issues surrounding retiree health plan coverage.
Register today while seating is still available.
NOTE: If you would like to view the webinar but are not able to attend, we encourage you to still register as you normally would. All registrants will receive a replay and copy of the presentation afterwards.
If you are a Bim Group client and missed the client-specific invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the CLIENT NAME in the subject line to have the preferred employer code emailed to you.
Jennifer Sandberg is a partner in Fisher Phillips’ Atlanta office. Employers, In-House Counsel, and Human Resource professionals view her as a trusted advisor providing solid business advice. She works to understand her clients’ business and desired business outcomes in order to provide creative and cost-effective advice and counsel. She assists clients in accomplishing business objectives in the most efficient manner possible.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors — the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.