Join us for our monthly webinar on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will provide an overview of the U.S. Department of Labor’s association health plans final rule and explain how small employers and certain self-employed individuals may join an association health plan (AHP). The webinar will:
- Provide an overview of the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL’s) association health plans final rule.
- Discuss the pre-rule definition of “employer” and pre-rule guidance on association health plans.
- Describe how the association health plans final rule is different than pre-rule guidance.
- Discuss the challenges and potential solutions to forming a self-funded association health plan.
- Explain how states currently regulate association health plans and discuss how states may continue to regulate association health plans, in light of the final rule.
- Discuss successful models of association health plans.
- Discuss how brokers can assist employers in joining or creating association health plans.
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the advantages to joining an association health plan under the final rules
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the afternoon before the webinar.
Lorie Maring is Of Counsel in the Atlanta, Georgia, office of Fisher Phillips. She focuses her practice on helping employers navigate Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and other state and federal laws impacting the design, implementation and ongoing compliance of their employee benefit plans and programs.
She regularly advises clients on the Affordable Care Act, health and welfare benefits, qualified plans, executive compensation, Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and multiemployer plan issues.
Lorie also represents employers in managing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL) audits, Health Insurrance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and fiduciary obligations. She serves clients in the public and private sector, including non-profit organizations and trade associations.
Register for this webinar today while seating is still available. The webinar is 60 minutes and is an exceptional educational value for only $200.
If you are a Bim Group client, and missed the client specific invitation, please reply to this email with the CLIENT NAME in the subject line to have the preferred employer code emailed to you.
This webinar event has been sent for approval by the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.
This series is brought to you by your Partner Firm of United Benefit Advisors – the nation’s leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 Partner offices in the United States, Canada, England and Ireland.