( <1 MINUTE READ )
With new state employment laws continuously being enacted, it can be challenging to keep up on each change and ensure that your policies and practices are compliant. We have your solution.
This digest is designed to keep you apprised of upcoming major state law changes in areas including paid sick and safe leave laws, family and parental leave, recreational and medicinal marijuana use, workplace gun laws, asking candidates about salary history and unpredictable scheduling.
- New York state paid sick leave law effective September 30.
- Paid parental leave for federal workers effective October 1.
- Connecticut paid family leave deductions begin January 1.
- Maine paid sick and family emergency leave effective January 1.
- Colorado paid sick leave bill effective January 1.
- Colorado salary history ban effective January 1.
Click here to see a full listing of all Statutory Benefits by State.